Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota IQ 2009 1.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket options for bushings?

i find that the stock bushings flex a little too much, and i can feel the geometry of the car being upset during very hard cornering. I plan on fitting new struts and H&R lowering springs in the future, and im a little concerned seeing as i am gonna be using my car a fair bit harder then what it was designed and intended for.

i also have that dreaded clunking noise a fair few others have. It only happens when the front unloads for me, so i suspect the problem lies in the top mount somewhere, with it being either worn out or the tolerances being off/widening. I did a bolt check and poked around with pry bars and found no play or loose items, so i think i am onto something. Ill update this thread if i find anything and remember it :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
895 Posts
Thanks for bumping this thread to bring it to my attention. I did buy one pair of bushings for the rear axle but have not confirmed proper fitment, Powerflex PFLEX-PFR12-710. A Russian company called Siberian Bushings also makes one for the same spot but also a couple others. I have no idea if there’s a trade ban in place regarding:

www.siberianbushing.com

There are other companies I haven’t done a thorough search for them I’m afraid. (Just barely now saw this thread).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Toyota IQ 2009 1.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to see there is one confirmed option atleast. Thank you for posting a link to it (siberian bushing) but unfortunately there is a trade ban as you mentioned. I will put it on my wishlist and hopefully i might be able to get my hands on them at some point.

I might just have to make some on my own. If i find a pair of cheap control arms (i think thats what they are called?) i would have something to measure off of. In the meantime i will try to find a company that makes them and update back here if i find anything :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
895 Posts
BTW- As you may probably be aware polyurethane bushings make (any car) ride stiff. I was trying to resolve a caster off spec alignment issue in our Prius v, eventually replaced one pair (left and right) LCA (lower control arm) bushings (shown in post #12, SuperPro from Australia). The Prius rides stiff, almost uncomfortable:

I'm going to research on the JIKIU site and see if I can't find you some front control arm bushings...

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Toyota IQ 2009 1.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I appreciate it. Ill check them out :)

a stiff ride is what im looking for, as i plan on taking it to the track eventually.
I will look more into it when i have the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts