Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
i thought of the same thing when i got my kenwood slim sub. but the installer strongly recommended not to place under the seats due to the airbag wires.

there's room behind the back seat but you have to either give up or cut up the tray cover, trim or remove the entire plastic compartment altogether..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I looked at those and seriously considered it! I have had second thoughts though. Also I got that rear seat delete panel so I dont really have a place to hide it. I am considering a 6.5 shallow mount sub to replace the rear drivers. does anyone know the cutoutfor the rears? here is the spec on the sub.. will they fit? it would be nice to know before I buy them.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Here is the sub from the OEM Audio Plus system, mounts behind the rear seat and anchors to the stock seat bolts.

Since it does require the removal of the rear storage box I trimmed the box down and made two small compartments.

Maybe something like that would work for you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT FITS

had to bend up the mounting bracket for the seat connections just a bit .....full range of seat motion is fine.....4th passenger better be legless........
Now I am waiting on my amp wiring kit to arrive......sigh.........

0818021515.jpg 0818021515a.jpg 0818021515b.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
How does it feel? Got a little thumb in your rump now?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
waiting on amp wiring kit to arrive......

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow,, that thing looks really small,,, I think im gonna get one and put it in the little slot behind the rear seats just like SurfcityLocal...

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Just finished my system. I took out the little box behind the seats, and the useless flat tire repair kit, and put in an angled slim box which fit it amazingly like a glove. I'm using a 600 watt sound stream Picasso mono block amp and a pioneer slim 12 the thing hits amazingly hard the rear view mirror will even start to dance if I crank it up. Still with the stock head unit for now, but plan to upgrade all the other speakers to some more high quality pioneer units. The amp fit perfectly under the back seat. The entire thing came out so clean it looks as if it was all stock!!!
Definetely the way to go for me :) I considered the oem audio plus but for what they want you can get much better stuff and for less!!!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks like a nice unit but it may be a little high for under the seat. The connectors can be removed from their mounts on the seat and pushed up a little to give you more room.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I need to go out to the car with a couple of rulers to check out the rear hatch area with the box removed... and the area between the seats... daughter has the car with her BF right now... I have a comparison page from Crutchfield up with 4 different units showing their dimensions... looks like this one is the shallowest... it also is aluminum construction...

Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I've always had good luck with Kenwood products. I'd really like to hear that model in person.

·
Registered
142 Posts
this looks like the update to the one i have ksc-sw10 and this one is even thinner! im very happy with mine and im sure this newer model even sounds better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts