Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:Hello all.me being from canada eh,i have not yet had the pleasure of using the air conditioning system as its intended use,TO COOL THE CAB.i have tried it of course when i got the iq,which was late december,so it was more for the formalities of just turning it on.HA.i did a ton of research on the car before getting it,like 3 yrs worth,AND i read an article that pertained to the ac unit,this article said it was a very WEAK performer and had trouble to keep the inside of the car at a coooool temp,BUT OF COURSE THE CAR SCREAMS COOOOOL!!!!!!!!.i am aware that it is supposedly the smalles ac unit in a production vehice,"another first" COOOOOL.i was wondering if any of you folks had had the pleasure of using the ac for what it is intended for,if so,i am envious for the fact that,ITS COLD HERE IN CANADA EH.If anyone has used it to keep the interior of the car cool[surfcitylocal], how do you feel it performed.it does get a wee bit warm in these parts for a few days a year so i am anxious to know.thanks in advance,HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND,ROKON,PEACE.:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey iqforyou.

Ive used the a/c a few times within the last 30 days and it seems to cool the car pretty well. It seems the car heats up a bit faster than a normal sized car but I suspect that is exactly why...the car is smaller and also I would assume the huge windshield that comes over past the dash is also the reason for the heat...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey iqforyou.

Ive used the a/c a few times within the last 30 days and it seems to cool the car pretty well. It seems the car heats up a bit faster than a normal sized car but I suspect that is exactly why...the car is smaller and also I would assume the huge windshield that comes over past the dash is also the reason for the heat...
well throw me down and call me berniece,thanks for the reply,i allso know there is a max ac setting well sorta,did you have it CRANKED.WHAT SORTA TEMP WAS IT OUTSIDE WHEN YOU USED IT?ooops didnt mean to yell,really im a nice fella these days.sorry to get picky,but me and my dog CRUISE in the summer,ooops ,the wife as well.as much as we like the high temp,I HATE sweltering in a car.cheers.thanks again.:eek:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've used the AC a few times, too, when outside temps got into the 80s (it was bit warmer in the car because of all the glass although I do have tint). Works just fine....no problem. I expect it to work fine when it is 114 outside, too, but I'll have to report back in on that.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys,or girls,hard to tell with our STAGE NAMES.i look forward to trying it,bring on the sunshine.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I've used the AC a few times and so far it seems to work great. It's close to 80F today. Tomorrow should be warmer. I'll be at a car show so I'll get a chance to check it out in warmer weather. I'll let you know how it goes. I do enjoy the fact that when I turn the AC on there is no noticeable draw on the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow,im abit suprised to hear that there is NO noticeable draw in power,my cube as mentioned before with its 6 sp. manual 1.8L, the draw in power was unreal.i really thought i may have a lemon,but no,that was it,but it was HEAVY,and not to airodynamic,i thought the lack in power may very likely be affected by the ac,but, because the car of course is light,the ac unit is allso TINY.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Temps are getting in the 90s here now and the AC unit is doing a superb job in cooling the cabin down and keeping it comfortable. My iQ is parked outside all day under hot Texas sun (I ride the commuter rail), so the AC system has to deal with that. I'm pleased to say it doesn't even flinch.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Temps are getting in the 90s here now and the AC unit is doing a superb job in cooling the cabin down and keeping it comfortable. My iQ is parked outside all day under hot Texas sun (I ride the commuter rail), so the AC system has to deal with that. I'm pleased to say it doesn't even flinch.
great,thanks,im expecting the large orange ball in the sky to start heating canada sooooon:cool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
great,thanks,im expecting the large orange ball in the sky to start heating canada sooooon:cool:
Getting lots of sunshine over here on the East Coast. You just need to relocate, that's all. ;) As far as your question, I used my A/C yesterday for the first time and it was hella cold. You do have to have it on the MAX A/C setting though - I'm pretty sure but yeah, it's really just as good as any other A/C I've had in other cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It performs very well in the Las Vegas heat. I've had it on almost daily since I bought the car, and I'm always cool as a cucumber.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts