Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are so inexpensive, I bought 4 just in case ($6.80 each). If you decide the non-HID, no-ballast route, just get these H11 12v 55w bulbs for cheap and feel like you're driving a more luxurious car LOL! Great find, I would think! ;) It's the blue tint on the glass bulb that washes out the yellow and make them look whiter. I am skeptical and I think these might burn out faster than stock but since they're so cheap, I thought I'd buy 4 for that price! These ship from a U.S. address (Rosemead, CA). They're the whitest bulbs I can find that closely matches my LED strip lights.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LQ6DKI/

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Thanks for the info. I like the look in the photo. You may be right about the lifespan but as you say, the price is right!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, 1st bulb is out. I know before buying that the lifespan is very short. This bulb lasted 12 weeks. Glad I bought a few for cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Okay, 1st bulb is out. I know before buying that the lifespan is very short. This bulb lasted 12 weeks. Glad I bought a few for cheap.
thanks for the update friend,where ya bin?i guess the old saying stands tru,YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've been camping in the snow with the scooter peeps (did you see my post?), riding my motorcycle, gym, hot tub, steam room, yoga, racquetball, and work. Yes, you get what you paid for. Since they were so cheap, I bought 4 bulbs. One is out now. It's okay. I'm thinking, the price of 4 bulbs doesn't even come close to the price of one HID bulb, let alone the ballast, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I've been camping in the snow with the scooter peeps (did you see my post?0, riding my motorcycle, gym, hot tub, steam room, yoga, racquetball, and work. Yes, you get what you paid for. Since they were so cheap, I bought 4 bulbs. One is out now. It's okay. I'm thinking, the price of 4 bulbs doesn't even come close to the price of one HID bulb, let alone the ballast, etc.
yes,seen it,i replied,BRRRRR.glad you made it out allive.yep that would be a busy schedule.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a forewarning...I would stay away from those. They tend to over heat and melt your headlight housing...HID kits are cheap...for the price you paid for 4, you are halfway to a $50 kit that will outlast all four bulbs put together...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts