Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen pictures of the four tail pipes out the back. Who in the USA sells them ?

0c4j7899.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
No one that I know of. You could get a muffler shop to make a custom set for you.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
that is the ONE thing i like about the smart car,is how the dual tippied exhaust comes out from the center of the rear bumper,out of curiosity i will stop at a custom shop here to see what they would charge for a similar mod.peace.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those all plumbed in or are 3 of them just for show?

My muffler guy's talking $30 for a fake dual tip. Double that for four, hour of install labor: looking at about $150 and change.

Tough part's going to be finding a new custom lower rear bumper plate to fit around all that floozy pipe-organry.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at the back of your bumper. You will see that the trim piece in the lower center is just held on with a few bolts per say. Remove them and it will look like the one in the picture !

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out the local exhaust shop can do what I want done.
I've two of the tips below ordered.
As soon as they come in I will have them done..
Also I have a cold air kit coming for it !
Also I pulled the rear valance off, and will trim it to fit the exhaust tips. It is only held on with 6-8 10mm bolts.

9106477.jpg weapon12.jpg 2012-Scion-iQ-rear-view.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got them installed today.
Looks so good a guy driving by the exhaust shop liked it so much he went up and bought one. And I sent him the links to the tips so he could do his !

IMG_0343.jpg IMG_0344.jpg IMG_0345.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
looks great,im a fan,was there any mention of any issues this could bring up,as to back preasure or throwing out the computer or anything,im just a janitor so i dont know of these things.LOOKS FANTASTIK.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This modification will not change back pressure any. AS I kept the stock muffler. Just added two exhaust outlets..

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
This modification will not change back pressure any. AS I kept the stock muffler. Just added two exhaust outlets..
I C.im gunna pop in somewhere her and look into this mod,can i ask what the total was $$$.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About $210 total.
Sounds about the same to me. But wow factor is amazing !

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
About $210 total.
Sounds about the same to me. But wow factor is amazing !
I will factor in my WOW here,nice job,my stereo may wait longer yet,this is very appealing to me.thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That definitely looks really nice. That is a lot of bang for the buck on a mod. Lets hope that the aftermarket starts making some different valance panels.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks like you could just make a bracket and hang a dummy exhaust tip on the other side and get the same results. Should be cheaper also.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fake isn't worth anything in my opinion. Too many people would look up there and say.. Huh it is just a tail pipe !

·
Registered
584 Posts
I guess. You have more labor and parts. The only ones who see it would have to stick their heads under the car and notice a lack of plumbing. Just doesn't add anything but apearance so I don't see the need (personaly) to do more than apearance. I am just throwing out an alternative for the look factor.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
HELLO FRIEND,did your muffler guy do the cutting out of the back for pipes to runn? my guy here aint willing to do it so it will be me,do you know how they performed this task,i am bringing my tip out the center and i hope to cut with a zipwheel?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just cut with really sharp scissors. Still have to finish it up some day. I want to kind of match the curve of the out side.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts