Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for any recommended sources for a well regarded repair manual for my iQ, as I am having some difficulity in finding anything proper currently.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
I subscribed to techinfo.toyota.com and printed to .pdf as much as I could during the $20/2 day subscription. There's also one that prior moderator posted on here that I will try to figure out how to sticky:

If you decide you'd like to subscribe I will post someone on PriusChat instructions on how to .PDF and/or I'm more than happy to send you a copy. Toyota copyrights their info so I feel they deserve their $20 for me to share. Mine is a few years old now but I believe mostly should be the same.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
Here is the best techinfo.toyota.com download instructions that I know of:

As I mentioned I am more than happy to send what I've compiled if I get evidence you've subscribed/paid Toyota the current $20 2-day subscription. I just checked and the repair manual directory alone has 1604 searchable documents. (I hope I got everything.) The wiring diagram directory is not sorted completely yet but there are 336 files there, I saw at least one that looks like a duplicate. There's also accessory installation instructions and collision repair. (I do believe the collision repair info is free to access without a subscription. Of course I spent many hours clicking one by one doing this but why repeat what I've already done. I remember as a kid and even through high school some kids would get a hold of my work....

(I hope you'd heed Toyota's request not to share the info as well.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh gotcha! So the one you have on hand applies to the 2014 iQ? If so, then yeah I think I will sub to the $20 for 48 hours and grab it from you. How will I go about showing I have access to you?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
Oh gotcha! So the one you have on hand applies to the 2014 iQ? If so, then yeah I think I will sub to the $20 for 48 hours and grab it from you. How will I go about showing I have access to you?
Mine just so happens to be a 2014 so exact same model year. The evidence I was hoping for, since I never did this before, hmmm. You’ll get login credentials, I can test and logout. I can test and pull something you want. (The document dates may be newer but from my Prius experience instructions still the exact same). You get a confirmation email, maybe forward that…

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but need to know if the TIS subscription is smartphone compatible ?
I need a full repair manual for my 2012 IQ, bad grinding noise coming from the driveshaft output of the diff. (Drivers side)

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but need to know if the TIS subscription is smartphone compatible ?
I need a full repair manual for my 2012 IQ, bad grinding noise coming from the driveshaft output of the diff. (Drivers side)

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

It's highly recommended to use a PC. I am trying to post a direct link to more details. If it is the correct page there are samples at the very bottom. Most if not all documents are or can be printed to .pdf

I've never tried on a smartphone to be honest....

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
BTW-. There's a few super knowledgeable members who still poke around once in a while it might be worthwhile to open a thread with your problem...

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks everybody for the quick response.
I'll give it a try with my mobile device in desktop mode.
Gonna wait until the weekend to have the time to take advantage of the 2 day sub.

I will take some time to ask in a post when I can, but noise is from inside the case and it's probably going to take an exploded view and some disassembly procedures to really understand what will be involved.
I'm certain it's a bearing for the diff carrier, just don't know if it's mounted to the carrier and only removable with the diff out, or if it's actually in the housing, and whether it's removable from the inside or outside.

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts