Scion IQ Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you for all the help i received from all of you.
Success :) I was able to replace the cables, a lot of work, I had to remove pretty much all the front cab interior parts.
To be able to remove the Cable the controls the direction of wear the vents go (feet, body, & defrost) I had to bend with big screw diver a big plastic part that was right against it. both controls no work very well.
New item by Matthew Alloy
The old cables had a lot of resistance which caused the controls to skip.
So you saying it was the cables?! That’s so weird. What can possibly go wrong with them? Probably too late, but I think they can be fixed by adding to them some bike chain lube - that’s what I would do to my bike cables.

PS photos look very impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So you saying it was the cables?! That’s so weird. What can possibly go wrong with them? Probably too late, but I think they can be fixed by adding to them some bike chain lube - that’s what I would do to my bike cables.

PS photos look very impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was definitely the cables , It would be very hard to get lube in the cables very tight,
All assembled and work great now

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
853 Posts
Wow!!! I am not getting updates through TapaTalk so I thought I better pop back here. That is one nice interior! Sorry you had to deal with this that's really crazy to know the cables can fail like that. May I ask how many miles?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wow!!! I am not getting updates through TapaTalk so I thought I better pop back here. That is one nice interior! Sorry you had to deal with this that's really crazy to know the cables can fail like that. May I ask how many miles?
Thank you, I appreciate your help. ODO 26689

21 - 24 of 24 Posts