Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am Back. ...Had this little car since 2014 ( after getting rid all my past 50 cars, yes i meant 50 cars, not mistype because driving is my big hobby ), this one would be the last car i am keeping. Only doing my oil and filter service regularly, followed the maintenance schedule, never had a problem with this little big car (bing enough for two people) as all children grown up. Only if Toyota Will make a IQ EV, i might buy another one. Too bad they stop making Scion again. What a pity. As this car is vary roomy, pick up very fast at stop light, good milage, easy handling and parking, the CVT is perfect match for the little car. Been away from the Forum for a few years, too busy taking care of my aging mom, now that she rest in peace, I have more time for myself and enjoy more driving again. I even forgot my password to log in and had to reset it. I recently installed a Front and Rear camera to my car, it is a very inexpensive Unit from Amaz. ( $43 ) but surprisingly very good, with 1080P Front and 720p rear continuously recording, after connecting to the back up light power, the rear cam serve as a back up parking guide with guide lines. Video clips is super clear. I had a couple Dash cams but they all only recording front view, even the one closed to $200 with a smaller display. (now put them in storage :) I used my little car transporting up to 28 feet long extension ladders, metal Scaffolding, 12 feet long vinyl siding (sitting on top of the extension ladder), with ropes tiding down to front and rear bumper frame, with the magic help of a couple pieces of car top solid foam strap down carrier (serve as cartop Bars), never a scratch to the car top and securely hold down the stuffs to the roof. (the cartop solid foam carrier from Amaz. again.The more I drive the car, the more I like it. Always had the rear seats folded down as a trunk, only had a few times with two more passengers (total 4) before the Covid 19. Hope Everyone stays happy and HEALTHY on New Year and all years after. Happy New Year 2021

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Kingfunut, Sorry to hear about your mom, it's not easy taking care of parents and I can definitely relate. We lost both my wife's grandparents and bother her parents in the course of 4 years. My wife's dad lost his fight with cancer last year and we've been adjusting back to more of a normal life now. I've had about 30 cars/trucks over the years from 1988 4Runners and corollas to a supercharged 2012 platinum Tundra. I have two scion IQ's right now and love this car. I was really hoping for Lexus to make the LF-SA but it never made it past the prototype. Lexus LF-SA Concept First Look - Motor Trend

So far I have only replaced every lightbulb in the car with LED's and done a rear seat delete. I think it's hilarious what you can carry in these things. I carry telescoping ladders in mine and people are always amazed by this car. I get more compliments on this car than I got in our 2014 Stingray, lol.

Anyway, same to you about New Years and staying healthy out there.

Cheers,
Ace

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Only if Toyota Will make a IQ EV, i might buy another one." - I'm pretty sure they made electric IQs with range of 35-50 miles, maybe as a California compliance vehicle. I happened to buy IQ floor mats from ebay and they turned out to be from an EV model - the stitching is blue and there are more cutouts. Go figure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Everyone, I am Back. ...Had this little car since 2014 ( after getting rid all my past 50 cars, yes i meant 50 cars, not mistype because driving is my big hobby ), this one would be the last car i am keeping. Only doing my oil and filter service regularly, followed the maintenance schedule, never had a problem with this little big car (bing enough for two people) as all children grown up. Only if Toyota Will make a IQ EV, i might buy another one. Too bad they stop making Scion again. What a pity. As this car is vary roomy, pick up very fast at stop light, good milage, easy handling and parking, the CVT is perfect match for the little car. Been away from the Forum for a few years, too busy taking care of my aging mom, now that she rest in peace, I have more time for myself and enjoy more driving again. I even forgot my password to log in and had to reset it. I recently installed a Front and Rear camera to my car, it is a very inexpensive Unit from Amaz. ( $43 ) but surprisingly very good, with 1080P Front and 720p rear continuously recording, after connecting to the back up light power, the rear cam serve as a back up parking guide with guide lines. Video clips is super clear. I had a couple Dash cams but they all only recording front view, even the one closed to $200 with a smaller display. (now put them in storage :) I used my little car transporting up to 28 feet long extension ladders, metal Scaffolding, 12 feet long vinyl siding (sitting on top of the extension ladder), with ropes tiding down to front and rear bumper frame, with the magic help of a couple pieces of car top solid foam strap down carrier (serve as cartop Bars), never a scratch to the car top and securely hold down the stuffs to the roof. (the cartop solid foam carrier from Amaz. again.The more I drive the car, the more I like it. Always had the rear seats folded down as a trunk, only had a few times with two more passengers (total 4) before the Covid 19. Hope Everyone stays happy and HEALTHY on New Year and all years after. Happy New Year 2021
Hello Ace,Welcome onboard, thank you for the LIKE and your comfort note, my mom did live her life to the fullest (98), although struggling a bit during last few years. my dad at his 99 (who passed away during his afternoon nap and didn't wake up=no suffering=the best way to end his life)
I hope you could find some help within the Forum and enjoy your iQs, Best wishes and good health.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kingfunut, Sorry to hear about your mom, it's not easy taking care of parents and I can definitely relate. We lost both my wife's grandparents and bother her parents in the course of 4 years. My wife's dad lost his fight with cancer last year and we've been adjusting back to more of a normal life now. I've had about 30 cars/trucks over the years from 1988 4Runners and corollas to a supercharged 2012 platinum Tundra. I have two scion IQ's right now and love this car. I was really hoping for Lexus to make the LF-SA but it never made it past the prototype. Lexus LF-SA Concept First Look - Motor Trend

So far I have only replaced every lightbulb in the car with LED's and done a rear seat delete. I think it's hilarious what you can carry in these things. I carry telescoping ladders in mine and people are always amazed by this car. I get more compliments on this car than I got in our 2014 Stingray, lol.

Anyway, same to you about New Years and staying healthy out there.

Cheers,
Ace
I was hoping that the Toyota U2 would come into production but....still waiting, if they make a EV-U2, that would be interesting.--- Toyota U2 Concept https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=toyota+u2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts