Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know this much about SR Auto Group: they don’t discriminate with the kind of cars they work on. Whether it’s a bastion of supercar awesomeness like the Ferrari 458 Italia or something a little more down-to-earth like a BMW Z4, the US-based tuning firm has made a reputation as one of the best tuners in the business no matter the kind of car they use.

Their latest project is nowhere near was powerful as the 458 Italia. Heck, it’s not even in the same ball park as the Z4. But for SR Auto Group, the Scion iQ is every bit as interesting as any other car they have worked on.

Called the Project Pryzm in reference to the car’s sharp and boxy interior, the iQ was fitted with a comprehensive aerodynamic package that drastically changed the way we look at the little, compact hatchback.

The first order of business was a subtle height adjustment and the addition of a new set of 17" Sparco wheels. After that, the business was turned to modifying the exterior with SR Auto Group using a body kit from Premier 4509 to fit into the iQ. The kit includes a new front bumper, a rear bumper, side skirts, front fenders, a new hood, and a roof spoiler. All told, it was pretty spectacular how SR Auto Group managed to change the iQ’s look, particularly the front, which you could actually pass of as a Dodge Charger.

From there, SR Auto Group went to work on the car’s interior, completely overhauling the cabin to make it sportier and far more aggressive looking than the standard model. The factory seats, for one, were modified to create an elevated side bolster for a sportier look. In addition, SR also added a red diamond stitched pattern over black suede on the center seats while the outer portions were wrapped with black leather and finished with red stitching on the seams. Rounding out the interior changes are newly dressed door panels, which also features the same black suede inserts with matching red stitching design on the seats.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
We know this much about SR Auto Group: they don’t discriminate with the kind of cars they work on. Whether it’s a bastion of supercar awesomeness like the Ferrari 458 Italia or something a little more down-to-earth like a BMW Z4, the US-based tuning firm has made a reputation as one of the best tuners in the business no matter the kind of car they use.

Their latest project is nowhere near was powerful as the 458 Italia. Heck, it’s not even in the same ball park as the Z4. But for SR Auto Group, the Scion iQ is every bit as interesting as any other car they have worked on.

Called the Project Pryzm in reference to the car’s sharp and boxy interior, the iQ was fitted with a comprehensive aerodynamic package that drastically changed the way we look at the little, compact hatchback.

The first order of business was a subtle height adjustment and the addition of a new set of 17" Sparco wheels. After that, the business was turned to modifying the exterior with SR Auto Group using a body kit from Premier 4509 to fit into the iQ. The kit includes a new front bumper, a rear bumper, side skirts, front fenders, a new hood, and a roof spoiler. All told, it was pretty spectacular how SR Auto Group managed to change the iQ’s look, particularly the front, which you could actually pass of as a Dodge Charger.

From there, SR Auto Group went to work on the car’s interior, completely overhauling the cabin to make it sportier and far more aggressive looking than the standard model. The factory seats, for one, were modified to create an elevated side bolster for a sportier look. In addition, SR also added a red diamond stitched pattern over black suede on the center seats while the outer portions were wrapped with black leather and finished with red stitching on the seams. Rounding out the interior changes are newly dressed door panels, which also features the same black suede inserts with matching red stitching design on the seats.

wow,what a beutifull job,i love it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
<rant>

Originality points: zero.

Near as I can tell this is just a red iQ RX:
Jon Sibal Custom Scion iQ for Tuner Challenge at 2011 SEMA | JapaneseSportCars.com
For who you say they are: utter and complete fail.

For that much HYPE I'm expecting to see a new and totally original body kit.

I'm also looking at exactly two interior panels modified: the doors. Cute, but...EVERY other panel in the cabin is bare bones stock original!
(I know, 'cause I've torn apart and modded every panel on mine that they didn't touch on theirs.)
They didn't even touch the headliner!
The spoiler's even TRD! (I know, I have one just like it.)
They're gunshy on showing a clear picture of the dash...but I can see from that glancing angle that they've still got the stock Scion bare bones head unit. They didn't even upgrade the stereo!
Cute seats, but they've just re-slip-covered the stock seats. The stock rear seats have zippers for that for crying out loud.
Lowering springs are to TRD spec, and I'm not even seeing a TRD rear sway bar.
They didn't even tint the windows! No vinyl, no airbrushing either!
They couldn't have spent more than a Tuesday night on this: 2 hours on the body kit, 30 minutes slipcover the seats, 2 hours swapping in the cliche' wheels.

There's nothing here I couldn't finish doing to mine (and more) with about $3k of already available after-market body kit, slip covers, and a weekend.
If it were one of us this would be a killer mod. But for a professional shop?

"One of the best tuners in the business"? Seriously? Were I them I'd be ashamed to show this one-cheeked, slap-stitch job.

Lemmie guess. They want $30k+ for it.
</rant>

Sorry, normally I'm up-beat and encouraging. But I hold "professionals" to a much higher standard, especially artists like auto tuners. I expect them to mod like their livelihoods depended on it. They should be able to outright trounce us tinkerers. I've seen a few who can in spades..but I just ain't seeing that here. Not by a longshot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
<rant>

Originality points: zero.

Near as I can tell this is just a red iQ RX:
Jon Sibal Custom Scion iQ for Tuner Challenge at 2011 SEMA | JapaneseSportCars.com
For who you say they are: utter and complete fail.

For that much HYPE I'm expecting to see a new and totally original body kit.

I'm also looking at exactly two interior panels modified: the doors. Cute, but...EVERY other panel in the cabin is bare bones stock original!
(I know, 'cause I've torn apart and modded every panel on mine that they didn't touch on theirs.)
They didn't even touch the headliner!
The spoiler's even TRD! (I know, I have one just like it.)
They're gunshy on showing a clear picture of the dash...but I can see from that glancing angle that they've still got the stock Scion bare bones head unit. They didn't even upgrade the stereo!
Cute seats, but they've just re-slip-covered the stock seats. The stock rear seats have zippers for that for crying out loud.
Lowering springs are to TRD spec, and I'm not even seeing a TRD rear sway bar.
They didn't even tint the windows! No vinyl, no airbrushing either!
They couldn't have spent more than a Tuesday night on this: 2 hours on the body kit, 30 minutes slipcover the seats, 2 hours swapping in the cliche' wheels.

There's nothing here I couldn't finish doing to mine (and more) with about $3k of already available after-market body kit, slip covers, and a weekend.
If it were one of us this would be a killer mod. But for a professional shop?

"One of the best tuners in the business"? Seriously? Were I them I'd be ashamed to show this one-cheeked, slap-stitch job.

Lemmie guess. They want $30k+ for it.
</rant>

Sorry, normally I'm up-beat and encouraging. But I hold "professionals" to a much higher standard, especially artists like auto tuners. I expect them to mod like their livelihoods depended on it. They should be able to outright trounce us tinkerers. I've seen a few who can in spades..but I just ain't seeing that here. Not by a longshot.
^ what he said. Agreed! My headliner is waiting for warmer weather for some mods. same with the door panels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd take the side skirts, hood, rear wing but the front bumper should be put in the dumpster! Way worse than the Veilside in the terms of being UGLY!!!

Fish

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's basically the Nissan GT-R kit, is it not? I'm not a huge fan of those squared off inlets on the bottom, but I do like the small openings near the head lamps. I prefer the stock Scion front end over that kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts