Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to turbo charge a 2011 iQ when it comes out? I've seen turbochargers on Suzuki Hayabusas so it shouldn't be a problem to do a turbocharger on this car as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
it all really depends on how much room you'll have in the engine bay. if they were able to put a hayabusa motor on a smart fortwo then with the right amount of money you can definitely do it to this car as well.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Supercharging may be harder to pull off than turbo. I hear Fensport out of the U.K is going to be doing more stuff with their IQ. They already have suspension kits and other stuff for the IQ just like Five Axis. Check them out for options.

Nadeem

·
Registered
20 Posts
will definitely have to take a look at that. imagine how big of a sleeper a turbocharged iQ would be. plus do a little suspension upgrades to make it more stable then you'd have a very surprising little track monster.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Turbo would be great but I have no idea how one would fit it under the hood. All pictures of under the hood and the space is very very limited. Would have to be a custom kit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Turbocharger will be wicked to have I wonder what sort of MPG different we will get between a naturally aspirated 1.3 Liter iQ vs a 1.3 Liter Turbo iQ? and is there possibly a way to have turbo yet keep your MPG's low, yet still get decent additional power?

·
Registered
79 Posts
really depends on bay room, asides from that you will need, manifolds trubo, wastegate, intercooler, piping etc, and a guy who can tune your car for you + other things.

Most likely wont be cheap, but if you want a quick auto x car.. go build a ek or eg civic or better yet grab a miata.. those things are nimble as hell...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts