Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the Enkei RPF1 wheels installed by Toyota dealer yesterday. I had the TPMS installed on the new wheels too. Pirelli P-Zero 205X45X17 run flat tires.

The TRD sway bar & lowering springs were installed when I purchased the iQ, in which I think are the most important accessories for the iQ.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very nice. I like the Panda approach, it fits the iQ well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That blizzard pearl is worth the extra money. I think it's equivalent to the one found in the Lexus IS350. :cool: Those Enkei rims completes the total package. How do you find the ride and handling afterward? I also had installed TRD swaybar and springs on mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ride is a lot better than the OEM wheel/tire combo. Since the Enkeis(14.6 lbs per wheel on 17"s) are a lot lighter than the steel wheels, and the tires are a lot stickier with 220 treadwear, compared with 500+ on the stockies, the brakes seems to be working better too.
THMotorsports.com sells the Enkei. Great communications, and it was fast. It'll take about a week. Then I ordered my Pirelli wheels on Tirerack.com, and it took 4 days to get the tires.
I got my PIAA Sport Horns yesterday. From Amazon. I will try to install them later, together with my old subwoofer.
tpnstr, good luck with the moddings.
Taz, Iq4U made so many posts in this forum that is so helpful in my installations. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! (Bowing down...we're not worthy....we're not worthy!!)

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
image.jpg
what's the size and offset?
looks good!
The size wheel and tire you want to use goes like this:
17-7 with 45 offset 4-100 lug pattern
tire 205-45-17
18-7 with 45 offset 4-100 lug pattern
tire 205-40-18
you can deviate a little bit on the offset, but not much. You don't want a wheel wider than 7.5" and that's pushing it, if you plan on going low with your IQ. 7" is the preferred wheel width if you want to totally avoid rubbing.

the attached picture is a side view of my car. I'm running a 17-7-45 offset and a Hancook 205-45-17

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Scappy,

with TRD lowering springs, what's the offset tolerance without rubbing, 40-45? on the 17 x7?

Is 17 x 7.5 too wide, and will rub?

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey buddy (Airbagged) can you please tell me if you can still turn from lock to lock with 17s and theres no issues? Also have you lowered it? ans lastly do you notice a significant change in comfort when running the 17s as oppsoed to stock items? thanks for your help in advance. This forum is totally helpful!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got the Enkei RPF1 wheels installed by Toyota dealer yesterday. I had the TPMS installed on the new wheels too. Pirelli P-Zero 205X45X17 run flat tires.

The TRD sway bar & lowering springs were installed when I purchased the iQ, in which I think are the most important accessories for the iQ.
Wildwes -- any rubbing with your current setup? Do you think you could've gone with 215/45-17 without rubbing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts