Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
While there is much one can do to save some gas/money, I'm not sure many of them are all that practical in the real world. Even basic hypermiling, which can improve mpg, has to be done with some sensitivity to surrounding traffic flow...this is especially true with a city car in city surroundings. That said, I do enjoy timing my driving with traffic lights and going easy on the gas pedal. To me this, along with the iQ's talent for nimble accuracy and precision, this makes everyday motoring both engaging and fun.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As an rocket scientist, I have to concur with the Yahoo link on all points.
But the kid in me can't help punching it off the line.

My old Suzuki got 24 mpg before I T-boned a minivan with it. It got 29 mpg after the accident (and I stopped driving like a teenager). iQ mileage dropped to 24 for the week after I had my air intake installed, back up to 36.5 when the "new" wore off.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
A little common sense goes allong way,my NEW hasent worn off yet so my IQs gas mileage is mid 20s as well,IF THAT,i floor it everywhere.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've been doing some simple hypermiling for years.....that darn fuel economy gauge I had in my second MINI permanently modified my driving habits. Anyway, paying attention to this helps keep iQ mpgs in the upper 30s and also helps me completely engage in what is going on around me on the roadways. I kinda like this mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts