Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who wants to be the first to clock 0-60mph in "S" Mode, with their IQ

One of you guy's that already have over a 1000 miles on their IQ, want to take on this challenge.

Best out of three

Westgl

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have over 2,000 miles already but I don't think I should do it (yet). If and when I do, I will check out this Android App called "GPS Speed Free". There is a 0-60 timer that will use your GPS to track your speed and time. When the GPS detects 60mph, it'll stop the time and record it. This looks neat! Though I haven't used it yet. I didn't drive to work today. I took my (65MPG) Vespa motorscooter. I'll try it on that during lunch.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey RexIQ

That is Under stand-able, It would be best done on a freeway on ramp at a light. Start in "S" mode and move shifter into "D" Mode at about 40mph without taking your foot off of the gas pedal.

I have tried it this way but only at about 1/2 throttle.

A 65Mpg Vespa Scoot, what size scoot is it. Nice!!

I have a Suzuki, Burgman 650cc Scoot it has a CVT trans with Power & Normal, Like our IQ's, the "P" Power mode is significantly Faster than "N" Normal Mode.

I have raced Harley's with My scooter and it is no contest, I am sure they must be humiliated to be beat by a scooter. They dont know that it is a Fast Maxi-Scooter with a 650cc Twin cylinder engine & a real efficient CVT trans.

It gets 50 MPG, not bad for all the performance it has.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Vespa GTV250ie. It's a 244cc, liquid cooled with CVT. In just 2 years, I put about 24,000 miles on it. I ride a lot (my longest ride was a 12-hour trip from San Diego to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, and another 12 hours to ride back). Then I bought my Suzuki SV650. Along with the Ford Escape Hybrid I used to own, I've spread the mileage around my bikes and cage over time.

I haven't tried the 0-60 on any rides yet. I will, eventually.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok who wants to be the first to clock 0-60mph in "S" Mode, with their IQ

One of you guy's that already have over a 1000 miles on their IQ, want to take on this challenge.

Best out of three

Westgl
Are there any Scion iQ 0-60 times posted by Scion or any automotive media outlets like Car & Driver?

How fast should we expect the iQ to get to 60mph?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey there scion speed,it is rated at a speedy,11.8 seconds,i find it to be significantly peppy to about 50 to 60 ,then its pretty slow goin.suits me fine.:eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The 11.8sec 0-60 is in "D" Mode that number is common knowledge. It is posted by most of the literature that i have seen.

The Number I /We are interested in is 0-60 In 'S" Mode, as the IQ should be considerably faster in "S" mode than it is in "D" Drive Mode in comparison 0-60 times.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I saw a site that does their own independent testing, they said that in "D" drive Mode they got a 10.4sec 0-60, & 17.8sec quarter mile time.

That is a little better than what Scion posted.

But that is still in "D" Drive Mode.

Turn off the Traction control or VSC/TRAC, and you can gain some performance there too.

I cannot find anyone doing a 0-60 in "S" Mode.

I also Cannot find a Handling skidpad test with the swaybar added, Only withOut the swaybar and the number is not that good, .80

Check out this youtube video, there are about 5 videos talking about the IQ while he is driving one, he drives it in "S" Mode quite a bit, away from a stop and up steep hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buz6UyX9fH4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts