Passenger Airbag Disabling?

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passenger Airbag Disabling?

Passenger Airbag Disabling?

Still waiting for mine to arrive so I'll ask those who have their car already.

Can you disable the pass side airbag? In my other car you can stick a key in the dash and turn it off.

Is there any procedure for this? Or does the fact that it comes with 11 airbags that they won't let you disable them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

I dont think you can but i will look.

As far as I know there is no way to disable the passenger airbag. My understanding is that it only becomes active when there is a body (or a heavy object) in the passenger seat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanLongDan View Post
    Still waiting for mine to arrive so I'll ask those who have their car already.

Can you disable the pass side airbag? In my other car you can stick a key in the dash and turn it off.

Is there any procedure for this? Or does the fact that it comes with 11 airbags that they won't let you disable them?
    just curious,why is it that you would like to achieve this?for safety of a small human,cuz like surfcity local mentioned when there is NO weight on the front passenger seat,it is dissabled.

In my Viper you can disable the front airbag. My son is still in a booster seat so it's turned off with a key while he's driven around.

Perhaps the sensor can adjust to the weight in the seat and disable it at a certain weight.

Dan, as far as I know it's against the law to place a child booster seat in the front of a car with a back seat. That may be why you have a cut off since you only have two seats.

Quite possible given that fact the Viper does not a back seat. I'll check out the Transport Canada site.

yes we can !
    yes we can disable passenger airbag ,I take some pictures:

Passenger Airbag Disabling?-p1010645.jpg
    Passenger Airbag Disabling?-p1010647.jpg
    Passenger Airbag Disabling?-p1010650.jpg
    Passenger Airbag Disabling?-p1010649.jpg
    My Toyota is Fantastic

I don't think this is a Scion IQ though, maybe it is a Toyota? Where your passsenger air bag disable switch is i have a reset for the tire pressure monitoring system, and where you have a push botton to start and stop the engine, I have a regular place to insert my key.

It is in fact a Toyota. As much as I love Scion there are corners cut on our brand. This is one more item on the list. Thanks for posting up the pics Xavier.

I guess it is a compromise. Under US law they have to fit the TPMS, and maybe they have to cut other things to make the car still compete price wise. Some will want the airbag disabling and couldn't care less about TPMS. Others will enjoy the safety that TPMS brings and never miss the lack of passenger air bag disabling. You can't pleae all the people all the time

14. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)