No IQ's Until October 2011

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No IQ's Until October 2011

No IQ's Until October 2011

I emailed my Scion salesman about availability and received the following:
    The IQ introduction has been pushed to October. I expect that information will start to appear on scion.com sometime in September.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Not surprised...worth the wait. Looking forward to a test drive.

Scion salespeople don't know anything. They give bs and when asked for specifics, they usually don't even know what IQ is.

The last official announcement was the release in Summer 2011.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

There have been some newsy bits out there stating that the tsunami has impacted the parts/supply chain, hampering release of the iQ and affecting Toyota inventories across the board. Seem reasonable.

Personally, I don't expect to see the car til early 2012, but that's just me.

Arrow

My salesperson (6-years' Scion sales) said they have build confirmations starting in September, with orders arriving in October.

Since the iq doesn't arrive in St. Louis until March, hopefully someone on the west coast will get one in October and answer all our questions.

not surprised either but this wait is getting ridiculous. I was going to look into buying another car since the iQ release is taking forever but i'll wait.... it's only a couple more months.

You mean you are not going to wait a little more to get the IQ in 6 speed manual a few months later? Or VW Up with 1.0 liter and manual gearbox and maybe a little diesel. or Audi A1
    Last edited by inoplanetyanin; 08-23-2011 at 11:20 AM.

I am so tired of waiting for this car. I actually went and drove a Fiat 500 over the weekend. Very disappointed. Guess I will have to keep waiting.

I am working with a dealer in Southern California, and am told I am getting the first one they get. Hoping for mid September.

Yeah, I sat in the fiat and it's simply a chrysler poor-quality american designed and mexican built attempt to rescue the chrysler.

I had no space to put my foot on onces i took it off the clutch pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by inoplanetyanin View Post
    Yeah, I sat in the fiat and it's simply a chrysler poor-quality american designed and mexican built attempt to rescue the chrysler.

I had no space to put my foot on onces i took it off the clutch pedal.
    It is a small car, and it felt like it. very cramped inside, especially models with the sunroof. I have not looked at the numbers, but the 500 felt very narrow, putting you right up against the door and your passenger. When I sat in the iQ, it felt much more roomy. I sat in the back of the iQ, and it felt pretty good. I did not attempt to do that in the 500. The back of the front seat was almost touching the back seat.

A couple concerns with the 500. It is a Fiat, which does not exactly have a good reputation for reliability. Second, you will ge getting service from a Chrysler store which are not exactly known for good service. Third, they are built in Mexico at the old PT Cruiser facility. After driving this, I am afraid this just might be the next PT Cruiser.

I was surprised that they had so many on the lot for sale. There is only one dealership in Arizona which has been open about 40 days. In that 49 days, they have only sold about 45 vehicles. I would think they should be selling better than that since they are a new model and the lack of other dealers around. IMO, they are not off to a very good start.

My first post here...

Ditto on the 500. Bought it. Sold it within 2 months. Hates it. Things started to fall apart. That's for another thread some other time.

Now on to iQ.

Hang in there just a few more months. Think of it as an early Christmas present to yourself. You'll be glad you waited.

Actually it's bad that the IQ is expensive compared to Fit and the Yaris... and has no manual. I might have to pass it just because of these two... mainly the transmission.

It would be $1000 less if they didn't force that CVT tranny on you. I decided to go for the Yaris, as it is less than the FIT and gets better mileage 30/38, actually 1 mpg better than the iQ with CVT.
    2000 VW Golf TDI, 5 Speed, 48 MPG
    2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, Auto, 23 MPG
    2004 Dodge 3500 Auto, Dually, 6" Lift, 36" Tires, 4" Dual Stacks, Predator, 20 MPG
    2012 Toyota Yaris L, 5 Speed Manual, 44 MPG

18. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)