lost something in the vent by the windshield

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lost something in the vent by the windshield

lost something in the vent by the windshield

I dropped a hearing aid down the vent by the windshield. anyone have any idea of how to get it out?

I tried vacuuming down the vent, and now ive got the dash somewhat disassembled.

please help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lost something in the vent by the windshield-15899342999858462633524144499491_1589934316530.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Let me see if I can find something. (Just saw this today). Give me a little as I've got to search maybe 1000 documents...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Fold over some clear packing tape to make double sided, then stick it on the end of a metal arm fly swatter, curve it, and try to stick it down and pull it up. (Might be good to dirty up the sticky side a little so it doesn't get stuck inside the vent).

Hope this image helps give an idea where it might have went!
    ACsystem.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dudewhat View Post
    I dropped a hearing aid down the vent by the windshield. anyone have any idea of how to get it out?

I tried vacuuming down the vent, and now ive got the dash somewhat disassembled.

please help!
    Are you positive it went into the air went? I've once dropped a bolt on the dash while entering the car (with the door still open). It took me a couple hours to find it - there is pocket between the fender liner and the body. You can see it if you open the door and look at the very front bottom corner of the door by the door sill.

Maybe something like this with a longer hose would work? https://www.amazon.com/EZ-SPARES-Att...dp/B07457CBCT/
    Last edited by maksym; 05-27-2020 at 07:50 AM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)