rear headrest equivalents?

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rear headrest equivalents?

rear headrest equivalents?

Like others on the forum, I was shocked to discover that iQ rear headrest OEM replacement part (new) are >$300 each! I've been looking for a pair for my 2014 iQ (bought used without the headrests) and have not had much success finding any used or salvage yard options. Do any other Toyota or Scion model headrests work as a replacement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Someone was offering some headrests here, but a long while back! I believe his car got into a wreck sadly. But he also noted he’d get rid of the items after a certain amount of time.

I looked here for rear headrests, but found none. I then searched for rear seats. There are quite a few:

www.car-part.com

BTW, when you fold the rear seats down there are instructions in the manual for storing the headrests sandwiched in between the back and the seat bottom. I know it’s a long shot but might they be there in the folded rear seats?

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Good idea, I will check to see if stored there, but it will be a few days before I can report back as I'm traveling. Will let you know. Also, thanks for the car-part link.

Headrests

I have a spare set. Are you interested in purchasing them? I'll sell them for pretty much any reasonable offer.

Thanks for the offer. I finally managed to find a pair on eBay, if they are not as advertised (receiving today) I will definitely be in touch with you. These headrests are hard to find. You should be able to sell them pretty easily if I don't buy them.

Still have those for sale?

I am interested in them

I would get rid of mine for a reasonable price as well...
    Micky

I recently bought an iQ without rear headrests and when I did some research, I found out just how much they cost. Totally outrageous price. What a total rip-off! I scoured the internet and made contact with a used auto parts broker. He found some for $85.00 each. Much more reasonable. However, finding used ones is very difficult.

Windshield glass has been another out of this world pricing experience I've had with an old '04 Sienna of ours....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I am also interested in it

Good source for parts, not so cheap but most likely cheaper than local dealer:

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-c...dy/7102/71940A

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

16. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)