Service light - Page 2

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Service light

it scares me to death when it blinks >.>

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

when it blinks u have a lot of lt avaible

i have seen in a previous thread that you should be good for like another 35-40 miles at that point lol....i just don't want to test that theory lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

That's true...the gauge isn't very accurate. I've driving almost 300 miles on a tank and the little thing is just flashing away and I'll fill up...6.5 gallons...I still had 2 gallons left!!
    Rick "Boo"
    Monument, Colorado

2013 Scion iQ (commuter car)
    2017 Toyota Prius 2 (wife's car)
    2013 Forest River Rockwood RV (33-foot camper trailer)
    2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD Off-Road (for snow/ice, hauling stuff, and pulls camper)

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me when the Service Light is flashing what it means in a Toyota IQ?
    And how do you reset it?

Generally speaking, it lights up automatically when the odometer reaches a mileage point that service, (oil change and filter), is required. To reset it, look in your
    owners manual and it will tell you step by step how to do it....
    My PHOTO-BUCKET link with all my pictures: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mistergib View Post
    Generally speaking, it lights up automatically when the odometer reaches a mileage point that service, (oil change and filter), is required. To reset it, look in your
    owners manual and it will tell you step by step how to do it....
    Hello,
    Thanks for replying so quickly.
    My problem is that my car is imported from Germany and as such, the manual I have is German.
    And I have no other way to ask for help than here in the forum.

Read the posting #4 on the previous page of this thread.....Taz listed the steps to reset it......

In bucolic Beulah Floriduh, just north of Pensacola
    Also, keep in mind that this is the Scion iQ forum. In general, things are the same as with the Toyota iQ, but there is the occasional difference.

There is a UK Toyota iQ forum, found at Toyota IQ Club - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum

Quote Originally Posted by SOTSDO View Post

There is a UK Toyota iQ forum, found at Toyota IQ Club - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum
    Thank you, i know that! I prefer this one.

I found the problem with the flashing light, it's only the level of the oil in the engine.
    Thank you mistergib

Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer_Boo View Post
    That's true...the gauge isn't very accurate. I've driving almost 300 miles on a tank and the little thing is just flashing away and I'll fill up...6.5 gallons...I still had 2 gallons left!!
    That's it. It is extremely accurate, when it starts to blink you have 2 gallons left.

Then, take your current AVG MPG, multiply it by 2 and add it to the trip meter you set when you last filled up, and there you go. Accurate to a few miles or so.

Example - Gas gauge starts to blink. I look at my avg MPG, which is 40. I check my trip odometer, it says 250 miles since my last fillup. I add 80 plus 250 and get 330. (2XGallons times 40 MPG plus 250 miles)

I can drive until I hit 330 miles on the trip odometer before I run out of gas. And yes, I have run it out of gas just to check it...
    Last edited by Micky; 01-16-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Micky

In bucolic Beulah Floriduh, just north of Pensacola
    I much preferred the system on my Scion xB, where you have the analog meter, a low fuel light, and a "Stop right now and get gas, you fool!" red light that serves as the final warning. Driving vast distances down in the south occasionally makes for anxiety over gas stops, and that's a nice system to help make those decisions.

I believe that the same system was present on our 2004 Sienna​ van as well.

I know some of you guys like testing the limits on these cars... so how long after my maintenance required light comes on can i go before getting my oil changed? I do mostly freeway driving, being in Los Angeles, and i noticed that my light comes on much sooner than 5k increments... it just came on at 18,500 miles. How much longer can I get off of this oil/filter? could I push it closer to the 20k?

The light is a reminder....you can go past the recommended service given your oil is still on the full mark and since your driving is primarily highway......but I wouldn't push it too
    far past it. My dad who was a very good mechanic, always said if you keep a quality, clean oil in your motor...you prevent major engine problems. If it were me, I'd change it....I
    change my oil and filter every 3k to 4k miles, which is overkill, but I'm comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbarakat View Post
    I know some of you guys like testing the limits on these cars... so how long after my maintenance required light comes on can i go before getting my oil changed? I do mostly freeway driving, being in Los Angeles, and i noticed that my light comes on much sooner than 5k increments... it just came on at 18,500 miles. How much longer can I get off of this oil/filter? could I push it closer to the 20k?
    Sorry for the late reply and I am sure you have this figured out by now, but the factory recommended oil change period is 10K miles.
    Micky

18. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)