Intellectual Property Rights.
  1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intellectual Property Rights.

Intellectual Property Rights.

Researching what lead to two great contributors (one of them a moderator) essentially leaving this once great forum I seem to have stumbled across the issue that developed...

As a background my son just entered his first year of college, and had for the first time to deal with acquiring his books vs being lent to him by the school. Nowadays books are available in digital format and just like software, copies are available (at no cost). I told my son to buy all his books. (Actually I told him "I hope you don't decide to become a writer in the future because this is a serious loss of income for them. It's called intellectual property rights."). He was feeling guilty about spending so much money on school, and finally I told him that if that's his serious concern he can pay back his mom for the book expenses. He was very happy with this (ethical) compromise.

Toyota TIS is available for $20/2 days. It is not very expensive at all. Mercedes is $60/24 hours, and Porsche starts at $15.xx/hr. There are discounts for longer periods but you get the picture. Toyota deserves to keep it's right to it's intellectual property and I think is very fair about it. I am happy to share my repair "manual" with people so long as Toyota gets it's $20. It takes me many hours to one by one print them to .pdf but I don't care, I do care about Toyota's rights because that is their "intellectual property". As a side note the Toyota EU site does not allow printing to .pdf. So for my drum to disc conversion I'm going to have to subscribe again to get the specs/instructions. (Sigh).

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Nowadays my son uses Grammarly. This did not exist when I was in school. It is quite amazing when I look at it's suggestions/corrections.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)