Has anyone replaced the front and back speakers in a 2012 Scion iQ

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone replaced the front and back speakers in a 2012 Scion iQ

Has anyone replaced the front and back speakers in a 2012 Scion iQ

I am finding conflicting information as to what size speakers I need to order to replace the factory once. One website says both the front and the back are 6.5". Another says the front is 5.25" and the back 6.5". Also do you need any adaptors for the speaker holds to except new speakers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

I have replaced the speakers in my '14 iQ (same generation and layout as yours) and would be happy to offer any clarity/experience. The front speakers are 6.5" and the brackets are integrated so you'll need new brackets, wiring harnesses, as well as speakers to swap them out. In addition, they are held in with one-way screws (PM me if you'd like to see some of the photos I took of the process. My post count is too low to add links lol) that were difficult but not impossible to remove. The speaker brackets and wiring harnesses/adapters can be found on Amazon and if you can't find any, search for Toyota Matrix adapters, brackets, etc. They share the same sound system for the most part. Note: be very careful taking the door trim off, I snapped a few pieces out of carelessness the first time.

The rear speakers supposed to have 5.25" speakers in a bracket as well, BUT they CAN fit 6.5" speakers if you really really want louder bass and make sure never to turn up the radio with back seat passengers. I came across the same conflicting information and installed 6.5" speakers in the back of my iQ. It fits but barely. The bracket is only held by 2 of the 3 hex screws because the bracket is bigger and the black trim in front of the speakers bulges by 1-2cm. It's not something you notice with a cursory glance but if you lean against it while sitting or look at it for 5+ seconds, you'll notice. The only other advice I'll give is invest in some kind of rubber or sound deadening sleeves to put the speakers in. When I have the stereo at anywhere between 32-40+, songs heavy in bass will rattle the black trim in front of the speakers and it can get very annoying if you're into good audio. Hope it all works out well if you decide to go ahead with aftermarket speakers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)