Fuel light or no fuel light?

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel light or no fuel light?

Fuel light or no fuel light?

Ok I have searched here and google but cant find a definitive answer. I have a 2014. Does the IQ have a low fuel light that comes on after the the last bar of the fuel gauge has been blinking for a while? I dont want to test it obviously but it would be good to know. I know there is technically a light in the dash that I can see when starting the car but I have never seen it come on. Has anyone run there's down low enough to either actually run out of gas or see the fuel light come on? Thanx in advance and sorry if this question has actually been answered before.
    2014 Black IQ 40000 miles and loving it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Bump?

I got a low fuel warning once on my 2014 so it does have a warning. Seems like it still had 1-2 gallons though. Hardly ever let it get below 1/2 tank though but I did that one time.
    Felkers

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

How did this low fuel warning manifest itself? I've driven mine to the point of having 0.6 gallons left (yes, it almost stalled going up a hill which was when I decided it was time to gas up) and never gotten a warning. Now I just rely on the calculations of Torque Pro and refill whenever it says I have 30-40 miles of gas left.

there is no 'low fuel' warning light. when the fuel level drops to one bar, the bar would start blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How did this low fuel warning manifest itself? I've driven mine to the point of having 0.6 gallons left (yes, it almost stalled going up a hill which was when I decided it was time to gas up) and never gotten a warning. Now I just rely on the calculations of Torque Pro and refill whenever it says I have 30-40 miles of gas left.

Quote Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
    there is no 'low fuel' warning light. when the fuel level drops to one bar, the bar would start blinking.
    Thanks! I guess I've just become so desensitized to it blinking after 150-200 miles that I forgot about it.

For me, when it starts blinking, I know I have 2 gallons left. I then multiply my average fuel mileage by a factor of 2, and then calculate how many additional miles I can drive.

So far, I have only been off by 1 or 2 miles. (yes, I keep an extra gallon of fuel in the car when I am re-testing this theory...)
    Micky

10. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)