Scion IQ Forums banner

non premimum pioneer head unit

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  iQtuner 
#1 ·
i want to add a sub box,amp..... does anyone know if this head unit has RCA outs?

#15 ·
Not sure if it's on with the key or the headunit. My headunit doesn't really turn off so when the ignition is in the ACC or On position the audio system is on including the amps.

#19 ·
Really? I had no idea that's what that was. I had the understanding that the wire I used is meant for power antenna, I thought I found it somewhere online. I'll have to look and see if I can find it again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using AutoGuide.com App

#20 ·
Did some research and asked an install buddy of mine. The blue with white tracer wire is apparently made for the remote wire for an amp. It's called the REM wire, short for remote. I was wrong about it being the power antenna, that's typically solid blue I guess.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using AutoGuide.com App

#21 ·
Well got my 800W under car seat subwoofer hooked up.
THUMPER !
If you put one in you will be shocked at the base.
Oh if you pull the radio out. Don't forget to plug the airbag lights indicator next to the radio back in.
I forgot and the SRS light came on about 5 blocks away. We have 9 scanners at work, and none will communicate with the car ! I had to manually pull the code to figure out why the light was on.
And had to disconnect the battery for 90 seconds to allow the SRS system to clear and recognise that it was plugged back in.

#22 ·
Awesome job, these cars definitely benefit from a bit of added bass. I'm currently running a 12" pioneer flat type sub in a wedge box behind the back seats. I put my amp under the rear seats. I'm only running a 600 watt amp but it feels like more than plenty to me! I'm sure with 800 watts your car is rocking something serious :)

i pictured the sub I'm using, and where and how I placed my amp, a 600watt sound stream Picasso.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.