Dust & Pollen Filter

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dust & Pollen Filter

Dust & Pollen Filter

Sooo....I read the entire owner's manual and found on page 232 how to clean the air-conditioning filter. There are two types, a plastic mesh one that my car has, and I suspect all U.S. iQ's have, and the "real" dust and pollen filter. Most of my cars have had a dust and pollen filters, so if I can install one, I'm doing it. You can see both in the picture.I searched the web and found a part number for the iQ dust and pollen filter. It is 88568-74011 and runs about $30. It came today, so I installed it. Very easy to do...Just follow the instructions in the owners manual. There is a black filter access cover just to the right of the accelerator pedal that unclips at the bottom. Take the cover off and slide the standard mesh filter out. Slide in the new pollen filter making sure the "UP" arrow is in fact up. Slide it all the way in and reinstall the cover.It came with a label too that you can put on the door jamb or maintenance guide to remind you to replace it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust & Pollen Filter-img_3115.jpg   Dust & Pollen Filter-img_3125.jpg   Dust & Pollen Filter-img_3127.jpg   Dust & Pollen Filter-img_3130.jpg   Dust & Pollen Filter-img_3132.jpg  

Last edited by Ottermobear; 05-23-2012 at 11:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Good post. Thanks for that.

Sounds very strightforward.......unlike some other car I have seen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Do you know how long the new filter should last?

The filter should last about 15K miles.

Thanks for the part number!
    Yea that is me in that avatar...... couple hours of latex and a few beers...HA

Spoke with my local Dealership today about getting a pollen filter for my 2013 iQ. The 88568-74011 number is shown as belonging to the Puerto Rico vehicle. The P/N for the 2013 USA (Oregon) vehicle is:
    88568-74040. I have no idea what the differences are. I'm picking it up on Friday so I can at least confirm that it fits.

Hate to tell you this. But they are for sale on eBay for $9.99 with free shipping. Not sure how much longer the sale is.. 88568-74011 | eBay
    Join Scion iQ on FaceBook

Spidious, THANKS for the heads-up! However, I just checked and there are no more available. :-(

Question for those that have installed the filter.

When I have my vents on, and I drive behind someone that has smelly exhaust or is smoking a cigarette, I can smell it inside my iQ. Will the filter, filter those smells out?
    12 Scion iQ - Hot Lava
    15 Scion iQ - Pacific Blue

Yes he do this very well !!!
    My Toyota is Fantastic

Cigarette smell is the reason I am putting one in also..
    Join Scion iQ on FaceBook

Local dealer didn't have it in stock, but they're ordering it. Should be smelling cleaner air in 48 hours. :-)
    12 Scion iQ - Hot Lava

Cyalume, please let me know what P/N your dealer obtains. The -74011 or the -74040

Quote Originally Posted by martinwolf View Post
    Cyalume, please let me know what P/N your dealer obtains. The -74011 or the -74040
    My dealer got part number 88568-74040 in today and called me, they looked at it and said it's the same one the car comes with, the mesh one. They said they expected to receive a real filter, and told me not to feel obligated to purchase it.

I just placed an order online for
    88568-74011, from a place I've never dealt with before (toyomotorparts dot com) but if I get the right part, I'll post back.
    Last edited by Cyalume; 07-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    12 Scion iQ - Hot Lava

18. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)