Replace the light on the fan knob?

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replace the light on the fan knob?

Replace the light on the fan knob?

Hi! The light bulb or LED behind my fan control is no longer working. How can I pull the knob off or access the bulb to change it? I haven't been able to find this on other Scion or Toyota forums. Thanks in advance,
    Andrew in San Francisco

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Knobs are not removable. You have to pull the central A/C panel and change the bulbs from behind. First, remove the small black panel under the A/C panel - just pull on it gently and it will come out no problem. Then pull on the top of the A/C panel (2 clips), and then pull on the bottom of the A/C panel (2 clips as well). Be ready to stop pulling once the clips release so you don;t rip the cables. Once the panel has unclipped, you should be able to see what to do. Some of the knobs have bulbs right on the back, for some (like fan speed) you might need to unclip a piggy-back module on the back of the know before you get to the bulb.

I suppose you have not tried to shop for an actual light bulb, have you?

I think this one should work:

90010-01122

Generally speaking, any interior light bulb of a similar size should work - just replace the base and the cover. I've transplanted a Honda bulb I had laying around.
    Last edited by maksym; 09-18-2020 at 08:20 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

There's a diagnostic list/tree to see if there's an underlying cause other than the light burnt out. I don't have it all and it would cost me $20 to pay Toyota to retrieve it.

You've got to remove in order: 1 upside down triangle just above it, 2 the shift knob, 3 the panel under the shift knob, 3 the console box under that. Just below the control panel (your target), you have to 4 remove that piece called the front console box cover. Then you can remove the panel with the knobs.

I was trying to post 2 .pdfs but they are beyond the puny size limit. I guess it's karma as not technically supposed to...

Quote Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
    There's a diagnostic list/tree to see if there's an underlying cause other than the light burnt out. I don't have it all and it would cost me $20 to pay Toyota to retrieve it.

You've got to remove in order: 1 upside down triangle just above it, 2 the shift knob, 3 the panel under the shift knob, 3 the console box under that. Just below the control panel (your target), you have to 4 remove that piece called the front console box cover. Then you can remove the panel with the knobs.

I was trying to post 2 .pdfs but they are beyond the puny size limit. I guess it's karma as not technically supposed to...
    Ah, yes. For the fan its just the silver triangle. Grab by the sides and pull, the bulb is the green circle on the back. The other knobs- you can get to them by just undoing the top of the central trim, or pull all pieces ad you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maksym View Post
    Ah, yes. For the fan its just the silver triangle. Grab by the sides and pull, the bulb is the green circle on the back. The other knobs- you can get to them by just undoing the top of the central trim, or pull all pieces ad you described.

Ha. I don't use the car much so I didn't even remember the fan switch is there. (I guess I'm being an over achiever today). Thanks for correcting me!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thank you all! Especially for the detailed instructions. It figures it would be a proprietary bulb... In the picture above, are the clips on the panel the hot pink pieces?
    Last edited by pebbleworm; 09-21-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebbleworm View Post
    Thank you all! Especially for the detailed instructions. It figures it would be a proprietary bulb... In the picture above, are the clips on the panel the hot pink pieces?
    Yup, the clips are pink one. They come off quite easily. Just grub by the sides of the triangle and pull (you can push with your thumbs against the dash for leverage and better control). The bulbs come in different colors, but you can swap the color condom from your original bulb.

It did pop out easily, and the knob is now lit again! I'm pretty astonished by how the IQ is put together.

Quote Originally Posted by pebbleworm View Post
    It did pop out easily, and the knob is now lit again! I'm pretty astonished by how the IQ is put together.
    It is amazing. Can take most of the car apart with a 10mm socket and a screwdriver.

13. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)