Low voltage bank 1?

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low voltage bank 1?

Low voltage bank 1?

Hello everyone, new to the site. I have a 2012 IQ and ran the codes due to the check engine light coming on. I'm getting a code for the O2 sensor and a code that say "low voltage bank one sensor 2". Not sure if the two are related and need some advice. Replacing the O2 is pretty straight forward but I'm not sure how to pursue the low voltage issue. I've been having issues with the "maintenance required" and "trac off" lights coming and going for the past couple of months. Could the low voltage issue cause this? Any ideas on where to start other than the O2 sensor which I'll be replacing soon? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Indy67 View Post
    Hello everyone, new to the site. I have a 2012 IQ and ran the codes due to the check engine light coming on. I'm getting a code for the O2 sensor and a code that say "low voltage bank one sensor 2". Not sure if the two are related and need some advice. Replacing the O2 is pretty straight forward but I'm not sure how to pursue the low voltage issue. I've been having issues with the "maintenance required" and "trac off" lights coming and going for the past couple of months. Could the low voltage issue cause this? Any ideas on where to start other than the O2 sensor which I'll be replacing soon? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Do you have code numbers for these errors? I would also look for problems with the battery (as in barely charged) and poor grounding issues- corroded fat cables going from the battery to the engine / body or loose nuts where these cables make a connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how is the car running?

since you had the light on for a couple of months, clear the codes and check again once the warning light comes on so you'd have the current code.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, I'll check the battery connection and I'll borrow the odm again and write down the code #'s.

Will do. I'll have my friend bring his odm scanner to work again. I'm also ordering an O2 sensor. The car runs/shifts fine and yesterday when I started it after work there were no warning lights on at all, then later in the day when started they were back, "check engine", "maintenance req." , and "trac off".

Will do. I'll have my friend bring his odm scanner to work again. I'm also ordering an O2 sensor. The car runs/shifts fine and yesterday when I started it after work there were no warning lights on at all, then later in the day when started they were back, "check engine", "maintenance req." , and "trac off".
    If there is a loose or corroded connection, the power to the sensors can be a volt or two off. This will give a wrong reading for whatever the sensor is trying to measure. You can try to check the current O2 sensor with a voltmeter or just wiggle its connector. Have you done any maintenance on the car recently that might have disturbed the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)