Oil consumption

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil consumption

N_A

Question Oil consumption

Good evening everybody!

I noticed that my iQ with almost 100K miles is starting to burn some oil. Honestly I never measured how much oil it is exactly consuming, however I usually top-up the engine oil a couple of times between oil changes (whenever I notice the oil level is under 1/4 of the F level). I am currently using the recommended 0W-20 synthetic oil. I do not drive more than 500/600 miles each month. I am getting my oil changed every 4/5 months by a mechanic at the Walmart Auto Care.

Is there anybody else doing the same thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Never checked mine, but did notice it was low at the oil change. Here is what user manual says:

Engine oil consumption
    ●The amount of engine oil consumed depends on the oil viscosity, the
    quality of the oil and the way the vehicle is driven.
    ●More oil is consumed under driving conditions such as high speeds and
    frequent acceleration and deceleration.
    ●A new engine consumes more oil.
    ●When judging the amount of oil consumption, keep in mind that the oil
    may have become diluted, making it difficult to judge the true level accurately.
    ●Oil consumption: Max. 1.1 qt./600 miles (0.9 Imp. qt./600 miles, 1.0 L per
    1000 km)
    ●If you consume more than 1.1 qt. (1.0 L, 0.9 Imp. qt.) every 600 miles
    (1000 km), contact your Scion dealer.

My guess is that it takes very little oil to top off from 1/4 below the F level and do that every 1500 miles probably not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by N_A View Post
    Good evening everybody!

I noticed that my iQ with almost 100K miles is starting to burn some oil. Honestly I never measured how much oil it is exactly consuming, however I usually top-up the engine oil a couple of times between oil changes (whenever I notice the oil level is under 1/4 of the F level). I am currently using the recommended 0W-20 synthetic oil. I do not drive more than 500/600 miles each month. I am getting my oil changed every 4/5 months by a mechanic at the Walmart Auto Care.

Is there anybody else doing the same thing?

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)