18" wheels

  1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

    Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 18" wheels

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3

    18" wheels

    Just got my new 2015 IQ home, looking to find the best site with a decent selection of some 18" wheels (and spacers) if needed for the IQ.
    Anyone that really knows what they're talking about and can help me out with this, I really appreciate it....

    Badboyztoy

  2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboyztoy View Post
    Just got my new 2015 IQ home, looking to find the best site with a decent selection of some 18" wheels (and spacers) if needed for the IQ.
    Anyone that really knows what they're talking about and can help me out with this, I really appreciate it....

    Badboyztoy
    Not sure if this is of any help, but maybe you can use this as a starting point. I got mine with R6F wheels from Five Axis. They are 18x7.5 ET45 and have 205/40ZR18 Nitto Neo Gen tires. I believe they were a dealer option.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3
    Thanks I'll check them out, do you need spacers.....? Also do 18's fit without doing anything....?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    48
    No, no spacers. They’ve been discontinued though. I’m still undecided on rubbing. They definitely do not rub under normal driving. If you take hard turns- there is a lot if noise that sounds like rubbing, but in fact is the very aggressive and noisy stability control. If you turn it off and get enough balls to go for it - there is another noise. Either bump stops or the tires loosing grip. In either case, I can’t seem to find any evidence marks of rubbing. That said, I did almost burn a hole through the rear fender liners when I forgot to attach them back to the bumper!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    48
    Also, make sure to get the trd rear sway bar if you don’t have one already - it makes IQ drive like a normal car as opposed to a boat. You would not believe the difference!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the info.... Can I put any 18x7.5 wheels on my stock IQ with that size Nitto and not have any rub issues....? Looking at some Enkei's right now. I'd like to keep the tire flush with the outer fender...

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboyztoy View Post
    Thanks for the info.... Can I put any 18x7.5 wheels on my stock IQ with that size Nitto and not have any rub issues....? Looking at some Enkei's right now. I'd like to keep the tire flush with the outer fender...
    That I don't know, but I don't see why not. Also, look over here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...crappy-224767/

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arcadia, CA
    Posts
    613
    Try the OZ Racing configurator. They have to test the wheels in the EU I believe:

    OZ Racing - Wheel Configurator

    Looks like 18x7.0 with offset range +35 to +39 will fit....
    Last edited by jzchen; 05-21-2020 at 08:27 PM.

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by maksym View Post
    Not sure if this is of any help, but maybe you can use this as a starting point. I got mine with R6F wheels from Five Axis. They are 18x7.5 ET45 and have 205/40ZR18 Nitto Neo Gen tires. I believe they were a dealer option.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can confirm that 18x7.5 ET45 with 205/40ZR18 does fit without rub. So will 215/35-18
    Last edited by Keishin; 05-27-2020 at 02:50 AM.

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
    Try the OZ Racing configurator. They have to test the wheels in the EU I believe:

    OZ Racing - Wheel Configurator

    Looks like 18x7.0 with offset range +35 to +39 will fit....
    If 18x7.5 +45 fit then 18x7 +35 should too. They both fit flush. the 7.5 will be a bit closer to the suspension.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2