Storage box between the seats

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage box between the seats

Storage box between the seats

Clearly, there's a lack of storage in this car. The optional sliding box under the passenger seat is OK, but hard to operate and not very large. The car manual nearly fills it.

I went to Target and searched around in the container section and found this $6 box covered with black fabric. It perfectly wedges between the center console and the rear seat footwell, and looks like it was made for the spot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Nice find. I'm working on an arm rest/storage container for that area. I do like that the drink holder is well within reach, not requiring a lot of effort to find it while driving.

Wow - this is perfect. I bought a cup holder, but it had to be strapped to the floor mat between the seats and isn't too sturdy. We live right down the road from a Target, so I am going to go looking for this container.

Surfcitylocal: If you ever find an armrest, let me know! I had one in my old car and I miss it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

The odd thing about that center console is that the rear edge is angled, not square. The container I bought, as you can see in the photo, is flexible enough to contour to the shape.

I am still working on this one...I need something with a cover to keep stuff out-of-view.

It's pretty far back and hard to see. You could just throw a black towel over it and I'd wager you wouldn't even see it in the shadows and amongst the black carpet.

Thanks. Just got back with mine from Target. $6.99 and fits perfect

You're welcome. I agree, it's a perfect fit.

Went to Target for the basic storage container and found an "add-on" to this system. A secondary container with a lid! (itsco half fabric bin with velcro lid - bar code: 0 25947 39531 6 ) The thing is packaged in folded form and expands to a perfect fit! It's dimensions are 12-7/8 L x 6-6/16 W x 13-3/16H. It can be used instead of the initial box or on top of it. This combined setup gives you two storage containers (as it lifts easily off the initial box) AND an armrest. Without the inital box it was too low for me to use as an armrest. For some combined may be too high, for me it was just right. Some may want to place something else underneath the tall box to get the armrest height perfect for them. Some may also want to place a towel or something over the tall box for a little extra cushion for the armrest but it is already fabric covered and a perfect match to the initial box and the iQ interior IMHO! Hope this helps some folks. PS I looked around Target and didn't see anything I could use as a cruise control (my Target didn't carry bricks, lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storage box between the seats-photo-1.jpg   Storage box between the seats-photo-2.jpg   Storage box between the seats-photo-3.jpg   Storage box between the seats-photo-4.jpg  
    Last edited by jculp99; 03-26-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Great find. How much was it?

Duh ! Sorry !
    The initial box from OP was still $6.99. The additional tall box I added was $9.99.

Looks great! I have been looking for something like that so our little dog can travel easily from the back to the front!
    Looks like I am headed to Target!
    Micky

Went to my local target superstore and they had the first open bin, but very few and none of them black. They didn't have the tall bin at all. Tried target.com and they didn't show any tall bins under a search for itso.

Nice job. Functional and good looking.

I put one of my old camera bags there temporarily, I know it is not ideal, but I am looking for something to go there that is the same height as the back with the seats folded down.
    I hope I can find the bin with the lid at Target this weekend...
    Micky

18. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)