Window Tinting for the iQ

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window Tinting for the iQ

Window Tinting for the iQ

As everyone knows, the iQ has only a driver and passenger window with the two small port windows in the back.
    I plan on getting my windows tinted this weekend, and I know in California it is illegal to have tinting on the driver and passenger side. But I think it would be really stupid to only get the rear window and the little port windows tinted.

I plan on getting the bar on the windshield that goes down to the A1 line. I see people all the time where I live in San Diego and I never see cops do anything about it, I mean unless it is like limo tint on the driver and passanger windows.

What would you recommend. Do you think I could get away with 50% tint on the front windows, or 70% should be ok without causing too much attention?

I actually am not sure how the tinting percentage works. Is it the lower the percent the darker it is? Or the other way around?
    Last edited by SgtGnome; 08-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

The smaller the % the darker the Tint gets. Can't help you on CA laws ..Florida allows tints..driver & passenger windows I wanna say around 28% all others you I think 15 %...I had a Toyota Camry for many years with limo tint all around never had an issued. You may say I got lucky
    I got dark smoke 30% all around on my iQ.

I'm running 5% on the rear side and back window and %20 on the front driver and passenger window. It gives me enough shade but so far has not been dark enough to cause a pull over from the Police.

I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Dont know about Cali but In PR cops pull over a lot
    For
    Tints... I went with 40% windshield, driver passenger then 20% the lil windows and the rear hatch

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I got 40% on my rear and back rear windows. Looks great!
    Micky

Just got mine done today. How does it look?
    For some reason the pic of the front of the car would not upload. I also got the bar for the front windshield.
    Also the 2 back windows and the rear window are limo tint, and the Driver and Passenger I believe are 50% maybe 40 not to sure. I just told the guy to make it as dark as my step mom and dads cars windows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Window Tinting for the iQ-car-back.jpg   Window Tinting for the iQ-car-side.jpg   Window Tinting for the iQ-car-side-2.jpg  
    Last edited by SgtGnome; 08-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.

That turned out really nice. Not too dark but really makes the Hot Lava look better with the black contrast.
    I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

Just got mine don on my iq front windows 35percent. Side port windows and back 25 percent. Charge 130 dollars

11. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)