Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq - Page 8

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums – General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iQBurnr View Post
    Yeah I do the same before I use or stick anyting to a surface, I prep with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I actually attached them to the rear fascia not the tail lights, that way if I ever removed the tail lights I dont have to worry about the LED's coming off or being removed, or unwiring them etc...I will take some close up daytime pics so you can see. Here is a pic after i installed them, they are 3M taped to the lip of the rear bumper where it meets the tail lights.
    Looks really cool IQburnr I had pretty much figured you put them on the bumper lip and not the light itself. Have you considered putting some of these strips in your rear passenger area? My original thought was to get a pair of the 4" ones and put one along the very top edge of the small rear windows. I figure this would shed some nice light on the rear area incase you are trying to load and unload anything at night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Airbagged View Post
    Looks really cool IQburnr I had pretty much figured you put them on the bumper lip and not the light itself. Have you considered putting some of these strips in your rear passenger area? My original thought was to get a pair of the 4" ones and put one along the very top edge of the small rear windows. I figure this would shed some nice light on the rear area incase you are trying to load and unload anything at night.
    Yeah I plan on adding some additional interior light at the back seats and rear hatch, just havent decided exactly what I want to use and how I want to do it yet, but they will be some sort of White LED's...
    2012 Hot Lava iQ

Banned
    Yeah I plan on adding some additional interior light at the back seats and rear hatch, just havent decided exactly what I want to use and how I want to do it yet, but they will be some sort of White LED's...
    You should do something like what I did, it's actually pretty bright and looks super slick. I don't know if you can solder, but if you can its no big deal! You can tap into your dome light like I did, and then you could turn on and off the lights as you want to. I just simply ran a positive and negative wire from the dome light down the pasanger side put a split in the wire to feed the pasanger side the went around back to the drivers side. I didn't see any point in running wires down both sides. If you put even more of the little leds I put it would be even brighter. I got them at pep boys, and they come 3 leds per kit. They are available in white also. If by chance you don't like to solder, you could always send me your dome light and rear side panels. I could build it all up for you. I'd even build you a wire harness so it would all be plug and play. My service would be free of charge. All you would have to do is pay for the parts and shipping. Just want to offer, because I know some people don't like to solder wires. I think this mod comes out super clean, and looks nearly stock. This offer stands for anyone who wants these mods done to your dome light and rear panels. If interested let me know and I can try and calculate a cost for all the parts. Honestly I don't think it's that much for the cool effect you get. I believe the leds are available in blue, red, white, and green, but there may be even more options

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq-image.jpg   Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq-image.jpg   Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq-image.jpg   Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq-image.jpg  
    Last edited by Airbagged; 05-10-2013 at 03:55 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq-image.jpgWent to a little car meet today, and got a chance to hang out with fellow IQ owner and friend IQ4me. It's always nice to hang out with a fellow forum friend I'm sure his pics will be better than mine, as he's awesome with a camera, but just wanted to share a pic with everyone I only wish we could all get together someday.

Cool! Cant wait to see more pics!
    2012 Hot Lava iQ

Banned
    Cool! Cant wait to see more pics!
    me too lol, I'm waiting for Iq4me to send me a copy of some of the pics he took. He is amazing with a camera and I know he took some cool pics that day. Everyone just gets busy at times, so I'm sure when he gets caught up, we can get some more cool pics posted on here for everyone.

Banned
    This guy really has a handle on how to build a car, I will make sure to take ideas from this thread.

Man, had to read this thread from start to the most current page - Amazing build Daniel!
    Truly quality mods all around. The suspension work is pure awesome.

he can reply

Hey was the optima D51 battery and easy, direct instal? Ordered one myself.
    Felkers

Hi Airbagged,
    I plan to change update my Scion IQ exhaust muffler to your Magnaflow system.
    I definitely want to keep and not modify the rea bumperlet.
    Can you help and tell me what part number I need? Where to get them?
    Regards
    Steve (Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by Airbagged View Post
    Attachment 2394Attachment 2395Attachment 2396Every inch of this system is stainless steel, every hanger, every weld, all completely stainless . I went with 11225 magnaflow canister muffler. All the pipe is mandrel bent and mirror polished.
    He used a 11225 Magnaflow Canister Muffler, but everything else seemed custom. I'm afraid he did not mention the shop name.

I found the brakes of interest. The shop he notes ( http://www.fastbrakes.com ) sells two front kits and one rear kit. I have no experience with aftermarket big brake kits but have read that brake pedal travel starts becoming an issue if there are too many pots in the calipers so I wanted to know if that was an issue with the 6 pot conversion, (as well as the rear, which I think the OP did not get). My source is a store in the UK that sells for smart fortwos, but I can't imagine the system for the iQ is much bigger:

http://shop.smarts4youracing.com/en/...ad-race-brakes

Hopefully he'll chime in....
    Last edited by jzchen; 07-28-2017 at 02:41 AM.

There have been no replies to the last several questions so this may be a dead thread. However, I have a really non-important question for Daniel:
    I'm sure you had no idea where this would go when you bought Scrappy and don't know if you got him new or used; but did you pick the color and why? If used, what was your criteria; year/mileage/color? And would you pick the same color over again if you could?

As my several posts have indicated, I'm looking for a 2014 Base 10 which seems to come only in silver--not my 1st choice. Yours looks cool, but the only reason I tend to stay away from the darker colors is the heat draw from the sun. Any 2-tone whites over "anything" out there? And if doing a custom paint, where do you stop on the body; the Special Edition "Monogram" seems to offer the only possibility in terms of parameters. Thx.
    Last edited by milligi; 07-14-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Meet Scrappy 2013 scion iq

milligi, you can email the OP. If you click on his user name he has supplied his email address there. I’m afraid his status says “Banned” and I think he is not able to respond on this forum anymore.

Thanks. Anyone who has answers to my paint questions can feel free to comment, if Airbagged is off the site. The only reason I would lean toward a Hot Lava or Black Currant (Purple) is because it seems all mfgrs today have taken Henry Ford to heart by offering silver/gray in any color you want...or white....or black. Dull. One seldom sees an automobile in any other color and when I do, it's a real head-turner for me!
    Last edited by milligi; 07-22-2018 at 11:15 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)