View Profile: 2012new2IQ - Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums

1 Visitor Messages

1. I was looking for a small car for inner city driving and finally settled on a neat little 2012 IQ. Its history was up front about an accident at 14,000 miles back in 2014 and with its current 56k plus a few miles I figured it must have been an ok car to have so many more miles logged on it in 5 year since.

I did have it checked out at my regular garage before deciding to purchase it and one front strut was badly worn so the dealer selling it had the two front struts replaced.

I am still experiencing odd knocking sounds when applying or letting off the brakes. Doesn’t happen 100% of the time and it does not appear to impact driving, starting up or stopping.

Still, its an odd noise so I thought I would post this question, anyone else have this experience and if so do you know what the cause is?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
About 2012new2IQ

Basic Information

About 2012new2IQ
Biography:
Not an auto expert and not a mechanic, I just love cars and enjoy those that are fun to drive.
Interests:
Lots, never enough time for them. Besides the typical, reading, movies, I work on Miniatures.
Retired IT now working part time for fun and extra $$

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
04-24-2019 09:03 PM
General Information
Last Activity
04-25-2019 10:47 AM