fancy lug nuts
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

    Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: fancy lug nuts

  1. #1
    ags
    ags is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    34

    fancy lug nuts

    OK, I've got my IQ with TRD springs and I have put on my Kyowa 18" wheels with Falken 225/40/18 tires. It looks great. Now, I'm thinking about some of those anodized lug nuts. Is there any problem putting aluminum lugs on a steel wheel bolt? Do these lug nuts require more maintenance than a steel one? I know they look cool, I just want to know if there is so much maintenance involved, it's not worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member Jeremy8778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNuke6 View Post
    I did add a set of Muteki lugs, but I didn't weigh them
    I googled and found a little info but I'm sure BigNuke can give us more info. I am also interested in colored lugs.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    269
    I don't believe that you can get the required torque on an aluminum nut.
    They make steel anodized nuts... I am sure you can find some.
    Micky

  5. #4
    Moderator surfcitylocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    2,615
    I'm running the Muteki lugs on mine. They are black so the upkeep is less than a brightly colored set. They can be used on a stock wheel.



    I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

    Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal - Canada
    Posts
    68
    I opted for Gorilla's "the system" where every lug nut is a wheel lock
    small diameter tuner style - hardened steel
    mine are plain chrome... also available in black
    Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fancy lug nuts-img_1690.jpg   fancy lug nuts-img_1691.jpg   fancy lug nuts-img_1692.jpg  

  7. #6
    Moderator surfcitylocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ514 View Post
    I opted for Gorilla's "the system" where every lug nut is a wheel lock
    small diameter tuner style - hardened steel
    mine are plain chrome... also available in black
    Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories
    My friends and I used those a few years back thinking they were the bomb. Funny thing was, and there were five of us, we could all use our keys on each others locks. Not real secure.
    I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

    Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal - Canada
    Posts
    68
    Well - yep TAZ I figured; these things are mass produced.
    I believe the Gorilla tuner small-diameter system is built around five different available keys (splined sockets). Ditto for McGuard and such I suppose...

    This is not very advanced-level security admittedly but short of carving your own custom nuts not much else can be done...

  9. #8
    Moderator surfcitylocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ514 View Post
    Well - yep TAZ I figured; these things are mass produced.
    I believe the Gorilla tuner small-diameter system is built around five different available keys (splined sockets). Ditto for McGuard and such I suppose...

    This is not very advanced-level security admittedly but short of carving your own custom nuts not much else can be done...
    That's one of the benefits of air-runner, once it's dropped it ain't moving. LOL

    I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

    Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitylocal View Post
    That's one of the benefits of air-runner, once it's dropped it ain't moving. LOL

    FORKLIFT should do it.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitylocal View Post
    I'm running the Muteki lugs on mine. They are black so the upkeep is less than a brightly colored set. They can be used on a stock wheel.



    Do these wheels come in any other background color?

  12. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2