Pairing phone with stereo system via Bluetooth - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairing phone with stereo system via Bluetooth

I was driving with my friend while listening to MP3 tunes from my phone via BT Audio. I asked if he would like to pair his phone so we can listen to his music collection. I started to navigate through the menu just like I did when I paired my Android phone. I couldn't find the pair or connect option. Could it be because we were in motion, as opposed to when I paired my phone while I was in my garage?

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

It might be a safety feature a lot of cars wont let you do anything when the car is in-motion just try pairing it when the car is put into park.

As for the OP thats weird... it should be right there if you still haven't fixed the issue contact scion see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by iq.ute View Post
    It might be a safety feature a lot of cars wont let you do anything when the car is in-motion just try pairing it when the car is put into park.
    I figured that much, hence the wink emoticon. That's what I was hinting the OP. Maybe he was in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by RexIQ View Post
    I figured that much, hence the wink emoticon. That's what I was hinting the OP. Maybe he was in motion.
    I tried to do the pairing while the car is parked too, still no luck

I have the US Scion IQ with the base audio system. Confirm that there is no phone button on the console. I do however find Bluettoth pairing in the phone option when you go to the menu system via the multifuntion knob on the head unit. pairing was easy, but I'm not convinced my existing in ear headset isn't a better option. I can talk to that and make calls by saying "phone home" The in car sysytem, i have to hit the call button, rotate the knob to the phonebook, push it, rotate it to A to Z search, hit the kob, search up and down to find the number i need, hit the knob, selct the number displayed and hit the call button again. If I have not crahed by then, the audio is good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhughes View Post
    I have the US Scion IQ with the base audio system. Confirm that there is no phone button on the console. I do however find Bluettoth pairing in the phone option when you go to the menu system via the multifuntion knob on the head unit. pairing was easy, but I'm not convinced my existing in ear headset isn't a better option. I can talk to that and make calls by saying "phone home" The in car sysytem, i have to hit the call button, rotate the knob to the phonebook, push it, rotate it to A to Z search, hit the kob, search up and down to find the number i need, hit the knob, selct the number displayed and hit the call button again. If I have not crahed by then, the audio is good.
    I can't even find the phone option. The way you discribed sound like what is provided in the user manual. Do you have to be in certain mode before pressing the mulifunction knob? I tried pressing BT Audio, then pressed the knob, and can't find any phone option.

hello yunkikan,after you are deppresing the knob are you turning it?you may have allready stated but i didnt reread all the posts.sure hope you get it figured out.as you know i DO have the bluetooth button by the shifter,its kinda outa the way i kinda have to lean way forwar to deppres,but as soonas i do all music shuts of and it is automatically goes to voice command.works very well,so i think for the fact that this is the very first car ive owned with bluetooth capabillity.neet function indeed.

Don't mean to thread jack but I was looking at the Scion website to find more information about the Bluetooth feature (no helpful information there) I clicked on the accessory button and clicked again on the Navigation upgrade which I did have installed in my iQ. I had to laugh when I saw the map, my home is located under the "A" in Seal Beach. How nice of Scion to personalize the map for me. LOL

i have installed the Viper security system with remote start a week after i bought my car. not sure if it will have any effect to the audio system... just wondering~ i am trying to figure out all kind of possibility that could cause that phone menu not to show up...

LOL surfcitylocal.

I have the Base Pioneer Stereo System, I took my car back to the dealer, and had my salesman pair the cell phone for me, they have been trained on how to pair this system, they did it in less than 5 minutes.

They also set the stereo up so that i sounds MUUUCCHH!! BETTER than the way it comes from the Factory. I have the 6 speaker accessory, adding the two rear speakers. The stereo Must Be Adjusted, otherwise it sounds flat.

Ken, this might work for you.

1. Start the car. (edit)
    2. Make sure the stereo is ON and press the iPod/USB button.
    3. Press the Multifunction Knob and turn to show "BLUETOOTH". Press the Knob to select.
    4. "BT PAIRING" will display. If not, turn to let it show and press the Knob. Make sure
    your phone's BT is on and it is "discoverable."

See here. This is mine. I didn't re-pair since I didn't need to. I could go over the entire procedure with you if you wish. Good luck!:

Last edited by RexIQ; 01-26-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Ken, this might work for you.

1. Start the car or turn the key only to ACC mode.
    2. Make sure the stereo is ON and press the iPod/USB button.
    3. Press the Multifunction Knob and turn to show "BLUETOOTH". Press the Knob to select.
    4. "BT PAIRING" will display. If not, turn to let it show and press the Knob. Make sure
    your phone's BT is on and it is "discoverable."

See here. This is mine. I didn't re-pair since I didn't need to. I could go over the entire procedure with you if you wish. Good luck!:
    Thank you so much for your help Rex, nice video! My audio system only gives me "SSP" and "AUDIO CTRL" options. Something must be wrong with my audio system then...

Got Skype? Maybe we can Skype and we'll compare via video conferencing. I have Skype on my Android phone.

Got Skype? Maybe we can Skype and we'll compare via video conferencing. I have Skype on my Android phone.
    Sorry, I don't have Skype. I am going to stop by the dealership to have them check that out, see what they find.

17. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.