Hi all,
NEWS

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all,

Cool Hi all,

What brought me to an iQ was its size. I am 73, walk with a cane and have problems getting my legs in and out. However, when I read the Scion door was 51 inches wide, I had to "try one on!" It was perfect as no other American car is. The sill plate is low enough to the ground and the sill depth not too wide (per U.S. cars) to have to lug my feet up and over. Problem, I still have not found the "right" one for me and now find myself doing National searches for my little love. There was one in Arizona I had my eye on "for-EVAH" but was too early to know if I wanted to fly down on chance of it not being perfect.

I want one with the factory wheels-not hubs, rear spoiler, and prefer fogs but can do without those. Will probably paint but definitely get the seats recovered (I found that thread). I drive between 2000-2500 miles per year, mostly in town (suburban setting) so researching everything I can get my hands on and hoping, above all, that one will come to the KC area soon that is what I'm looking for.

Dilemma: What is the "value" to having a Series 10 over a plain "Base" model? Many dealers don't seem to know the difference and have called both by the other's name. Is it preferable to have one with lower numbers (only 900) than the higher end? There are currently about 15 but all from 500-1500 miles distant. It seems most were lease cars, with 14s now flooding the 3-yr market, or rentals. Just like my last two cars, that were supposed to be my "last" ones, I DO plan to drive this till I can't :-) but OH, how I wish they had power seats! Any input will be welcomed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

good luck on your hunt. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and so far love it. Keep looking, I had a difficult time as most of the search engines showed very few, but not the same ones..

4. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.