BT Audio Streaming Quality
NEWS

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BT Audio Streaming Quality

BT Audio Streaming Quality

I've got an iPhone 4S and the streaming quality of music to the Scion head unit appears to be not so great. I'm not talking about watered down Pandora streaming either, I mean purchased/downloaded MP3 music that sounds just fine otherwise, through headphones and whatnot. I began to chalk it up as the factory speakers and unit just being garbage overall quality-wise but then I actually put in a normal CD.... and it rocked.

So maybe it's something with BT itself and down sampling music due to bandwidth? Maybe that's why the dealer made a point to include a free (as I just now remember and not trying it yet) audio jack cable to connect my phone with. Any ideas? I guess I could look up the specs of BT next...

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

When I bought my iQ I had an iPhone 5S and I personally noticed no difference between Bluetooth, AUX, or USB.

I now have an iPhone 6, and still notice no difference.

Could be just the Bluetooth in the 4S is a different type than the head unit in the iQ. For example the current Bluetooth type is 4.2.

The iPhone 4S could have like 2.0 and the iQ could have 2.5 (don't quote me on that, I'm just using an example).

While they're usually compatible, there can and sometimes are issues.

I would just use the 30 pin to USB cable and use the USB port in your car. Or is the iQ head unit not compatible with 30 pin?

Also is your head unit set to "iQ" because mine was set to "tC" when I bought it and it sounded real crappy. After changing it to "iQ" it improved greatly.
    Last edited by josh995; 02-12-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Eh, I just went ahead and bought a replacement USB cable and connecting it that way works and instantly sounded better. I didn't know it had multiple settings for tC or iQ, I'll see if I can find it in the settings somewhere. Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

PSYiQ, I have a 2012 iQ and a 4S. My bluetooth streaming sounds just fine. I'm not a "Techie" by a long shot so I cannot offer any tech advise.

PSYiQ, I checked the manual (for the 2014/2015 stereo, anyways) - you can set the vehicle type by pressing the SETUP button, then System, then Vehicle Setting, then select the desired vehicle type.

- Jon

The Bluetooth audio on mine sounds great. Not sure what issues would be causing you to have lower quality sound from yours.
    I'm a Haole. I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.

Surf City is where I live, you can call me TAZ.

The problem could very well lie within the phone itself... thanks for the SETUP instructions Bauer, I'll give that a go!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it also depends very much on the system, I have a North American 2012 iQ with the standard Pioneer system and Bluetooth audio only plays through the front speakers and sounds rather thin and the volume can only be adjusted on the phone or using the volume control on the phone button next to the shifter.

Hm. I have a North American 2012 with a 2014 stereo, and I'm pretty sure the audio goes through all my speakers (I have the optional ones in the rear) and it sounds pretty good...

I also use the volume controls on the steering wheel and the stereo...

- Jon
    Last edited by jbauer; 05-14-2017 at 01:07 AM.

At first my 2014 was set for Tc, but after playing with settings I selected the IQ setting for best sound. I noticed that the sound system is so clear the quality of my music source is a problem. In some of my older files were ripped at a lower signal density and the sound shows it, although they all sound fine on my home Bose system.

13. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.