HID install problem
NEWS

1. Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums General discussion forum for Scion IQ

Welcome to Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums - a website dedicated to all things Scion IQ.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HID install problem

HID install problem

Hey guys,

I just installed my hid this morning. And tonight when I turned them on they were WAYYYYY off. Driver side beam was pointed out to the left and passenger side was pointed on the ground really close to the car. What do you think happened? I noticed that the bulbs when I put them in they aren't seated in the same position as the stock ones were, is that the problem? Do you think I need to take them out and try to put them back in again? I installed many HIDs before but, this one right here got me confused. Usually you want the bulb to go in at a 45 degree angle and then when you turn it, it'll sit perfectly at 90 degrees. Is that not the case for our car? Let me know something so I can fix in the morning again. Thanks guys!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

I went out this morning and opened the side panel of the passenger side headlight and the bulb just fell right out. I got the passenger side now to sit in the same position as factory. Went to the driver side and that one is in a 90 degree position but seating in tightly. I pulled close to my garage door and both point look like they are shining the same. Since our bulbs go in from the side of the projectors I guess degrees of the bulbs don't matter since the reflectors only point one way? It's just the bulbs have to be seating in all the way? I'll check them out tonight to see if they are good now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    IQ-Forums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.